Tuesday, February 14, 2012

For the Love

I've been thinking a lot lately about why I write. I sit down, at my mobile desk (that's the great thing about laptops--you can take them anywhere your lap is going) and I write. I revise. I write more. I revise more than I write, and I repeat this process. Why?

I can just hear the band strike up the intro of "These are a Few of My Favorite Things".

I love telling stories. I love feeling them develop, plunging into the eyes of my characters, and escaping into the reality of a different world. And I love sharing that journey with others so they can experience it.  


1 comment:

Sarah Sawyer said...

Well said! It's the love of story and character that helps us keep going when the writing and revision prove challenging.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...